- Ph.D., Soil Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 2002
- M.S., Plant Nutrition, Zhejiang University, China, 1987
- B.S., Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Zhejiang University, China, 1984
Soil nutrient-plant relations, soil nutrient fate and transport processes, integrated fertilization and nutrient management techniques, applications of GIS technology in nutrient and water resource management, development of web-based information support systems and models for soil, water, and nutrient management.
- Research Associate: Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University. 2004 - present
- Post-doctoral Scholar: Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University. 2002 - 2004
- Zhu, Y., and R.L. Day. 2005. Analysis of Streamflow Trends and the Effects of Climate in Pennsylvania, 1971 to 2001. Journal of American Water Resources Association. (In press)
- Zhu, Y., R.H. Fox, and J.D. Toth. 2003. Tillage effects on nitrate leaching measured by pan and wick lysimeters. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 67(5)1517-1523.
- Zhu, Y., and R.H. Fox. 2003. Corn-soybean rotation effects on nitrate leaching. Agron. J. 95 (4):1028-1033.
- Y. Zhu, R. H. Fox, and J. D. Toth. 2002. Leachate Collection Efficiency of Zero-tension Pan and Passive Capillary Fiberglass Wick Lysimeters. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 66: 37-43. Abstract.
- Fox R.H., Y. Zhu, J. Toth, J.M. Jemison, and J.D. Jabro. 2001. Nitrogen fertilizer rate and crop management effects on nitrate leaching from an agricultural field in central Pennsylvania. p.181-186. In J. Galloway (ed.) Optimizing nitrogen management in food and energy production and environmental protection. Proceeding of the 2nd International Nitrogen Conference on Science and Policy. 14-18 October 2001. Potomac, Maryland, USA.
- Fu, J., Y. Zhu, and L. Jiang. 2001. Use of controlled release fertilizer for increasing N efficiency of direct seeded rice. Pedosphere 11:333-339.