2013 Private Forest Landowners Conference: The Future of Penn's Woods
Date and Location
When (Date/Time)May 10, 2013 to May 11, 2013
WhereBlair County Convention Center, Altoona, PA
Add to calendariCal
- Focus on education and outreach
- Displays from organizations recognizing a need to promote healthy forests
- Up to ninety-nine concurrent sessions in the following presentation tracks:
- Forest finance
- Forest legacy
- Forest history
- Backyard woods
- Woods wildlife
- Forest health
- Tending and management
- Wood products
- Making your woods accessible
- Forests and water
- Forest recreation
- Aesthetics and biodiversity
- Forest policy and advocacy
- Friday morning tours to varied sites in the region
- Friday night banquet with Dr. Doug Tallamy, author, "Bringing Nature Home," where attendees can socialize over common interests
- Saturday morning keynote address with Curt Meine, Senior Fellow, the Aldo Leopold Foundation and Leopold scholar.
Registration is now open for the Private Forest Landowner Conference. To register online, please visit our Registration website. You may pay online with a major credit card, or register and mail in your check.
Conference registration is $75 per person and includes two breaks with food on Friday, and two breaks and lunch on Saturday.
Additionally, participants may attend up to two field tours on Friday morning ($15 each) and the keynote banquet on Friday night with Dr. Doug Tallamy ($30).
If you prefer to register by phone or to request a mailed copy of the information, please contact Allyson Muth at 814-865-3208 or 800-235-9473.
Conference registration closes on April 29!
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
We anticipate over 1,000 private forest landowners, managers, and private forest stakeholders will attend this conference. We welcome sponsors and exhibitors who have services or products aimed at promoting and conserving healthy forests.
Sponsors will be featured at the conference in a variety of ways; hundreds of conference attendees will be exposed to the message of sponsorship.
For more information on sponsorship or exhibiting at the conference, please visit our Sponsorship website.