"Enriching Woodland Values"
Posted: February 28, 2017
The 3rd Biennial Forest Landowners Conference will take place on March 24-25, 2017 in Altoona. The conference is geared towards woodland owners and those interested in woodlands and the wildlife that use them. If you’re interested in these topics, consider attending:
- Improving wildlife habitat
- Restoring degraded woodlands
- Getting invasive plants under control
- Creating "goods from your woods" like firewood, edible mushrooms, value-added wood products
- Gaining tax tips and financial insights
- Learning about tools and technology for the woods
- Hearing conservation strategies for the legacy of your woodland
Our very own Dr. Duane Dienfenbach will be there on Friday afternoon to discuss the Deer-Forest study. You can hear firsthand about project insights regarding deer behavior as it relates to harvest management, as well as preliminary findings about how soils and competing vegetation affect our forests.