Wet 'n Wild Watersheds
Goals for the Lesson
- Students will learn about watersheds in PA.
- Students will learn about how the water cycle works.
- Students will learn how to properly manage watersheds.
- Students will learn how forests effect the quality of a watershed.
State Standards Addressed: E & E Standards: Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources (4.2); Ecosystems and Their Interactions (4.6); Humans and the Environment (4.8)
Teaching Model: Lecture incorporating class discussion and questions.
Subjects Covered: ecology, biology, forestry
Topics: watersheds, water cycle, proper management
- Lecture material while having students participate by answering and asking questions and allowing them to discuss what is being learned.
- Worksheet at end of lesson.
FRIT Class, Dr. Sanford Smith, The Pennsylvania State University.
Swistock, Bryan, and Sanford Smith (2001). From the Woods: Watersheds . University Park, Pa.: The Pennsylvania State University.
Makuch, Joseph R. (1997). Forest Stewardship 10: Watershed Management. University Park, Pa.: The Pennsylvania State University.
Eric Broughton, Liberty Junior Senior High School